The CES is an active member of the Réseau francophone de l'évaluation (RFÉ) where it sits on the Board of Directors and where its representative acts as vice-president. The President of the RFÉ recently reported to members on the achievements of the past six months. Here are the highlights.
- Development of new by-laws and policies clarifying the role of various committees and the management principles of the organization.
- Meta-evaluation work on behalf of the French Development Agency (AFD) and production of an analysis of evaluations produced for this organization in Sahel; the collaboration of the national associations helped to refine the knowledge of the institutional context of the countries and the voluntary contribution of a team from IDHEAP (Universiti de Lausanne), led by Professor Katia Horber-Papazian, produced profoundly useful observations for AFD.
- Building of a consortium of partners about the institutionalization of evaluation; a diagnostic phase will soon begin in four RFÉ member countries in Africa and the Middle East.
- Programming of a third International Francophone Evaluation Forum (FIFE) in the fourth quarter of 2019; it will take place in a country of the North considering that the first two FIFE were held in the South in 2014 and 2016.
- Planning of a survey of members to identify new approaches and opportunities for collaboration.
- Organization of a webinar series with the support of UNICEF and EValSDGs on the evaluation of the SDGs.
- Conferences and other online activities of the Emerging Evaluators Group.