The Competency Review Working Group (CRWG) has been revising the CES Competencies for Canadian Evaluation Practice to ensure that they are current, avoid duplication, and address any gaps or new developments in evaluation thought. It must be noted that we are not trying to recraft or reframe what already works well but are describing it as “an oil change” to keep us up to date and running smoothly.
Topics we addressed included:
- Cultural competencies generally & in relation to the CES commitment to the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Clarity on evaluation ethics
- Redundancies across competency statements
- PDP Evaluation findings
- International developments in evaluator competencies (e.g., AEA, Europe, UN, SDGs)
- Questions from CE applicants and new CEs from the 2016 Town Hall Series
- CES Board, CE Board & member suggestions.
After a year and a half, we ran a first draft by the CE Board, the CES Board, and the International and Diversity Working Groups Their feedback was incorporated in the revised draft which was presented at the recent Eval2018 conference. If you missed that opportunity and still wish to provide feedback or suggestions, please consider responding.
Attached are the following documents:
- The draft revised Competencies and Descriptors. (CRWG Revisions Clean Version April 23.18.pdf)
- A comparison version that tracks the old and revised versions of the Competencies and Descriptors. (CRWG revisions Comparison Document April 23.18.pdf)
- The PowerPoint presentation. (Updating the CES Competencies A Work in Progress May 28.18 final .ppt)
The deadline for input is June 30, 2018. Please respond to [email protected]