Virtual Workshop: Principles-Based Evaluation, Michael Quinn Patton
Monday February 12, 2018
1:00 to 4:00pm EST
Note: limited # of virtual spaces, register now!
Online: GoToWebinar links will be sent upon payment
Price: $100 (or $50 for CES Chapter members that have registered for CESNCC ALE)
This workshop is organized by the CES-National Capital Chapter as part of the 2018 Annual Learning Event http://ncc.evaluationcanada.ca/networking/annual-learning-event
Principles-focused evaluation provides a customized approach for evaluating principles-based initiatives. Three core evaluation questions are:
- To what extent are the principles meaningful and actionable by those to whom they are targeted?
- If meaningful, to what extent are they adhered to?
- If adhered to, what results from principles-based interventions?
Thus, Principles-Focused Evaluation treats principles as the object of evaluation (the evaluand) and designs an evaluation to assess both implementation and consequences of principles-based change efforts.
Participants in the workshop will learn:
- What principles-focused evaluation is and when is it particularly appropriate
- The GUIDE framework for conceptualizing principles
- How principles-focused evaluation relates to developmental evaluation and utilization-focused evaluation
- Methods for conducting principles-focused evaluations.
- Exemplars of Principles-Focused Evaluation.
The workshop is based on Patton’s new book on Principles-Focused Evaluation: The GUIDE(2018).