The CES has launched a call for Expression of Interest for an e-Institute Instructional Design Consultant who will be expected to work remotely under the supervision of the CES Director e-Institute. The term for this work is 12 months with an expectation of approximately 200 hours of work.
The Instructional Design Consultant will support the operations of the e-Institute through:
- Reviewing or developing e-Institute Course Development Guidelines and Style Guides to ensure they are reflective of best practices in online learning.
- Supporting Course Developers (CD) to develop courses that conform to the evaluation competencies, best practices in instructional design, adult learning, and e-Institute policies.
- Reviewing existing courses to ensure they are compliant with best practices in instructional design, adult learning, and e-Institute policies.
- Managing the translation, review, and adaptation of e-Institute courses into English or French.
- Managing the course review processes (including review by subject matter experts and pilot testers), producing reports, and supporting the CD to implement course changes.
- Collating the results of the online course evaluation surveys and producing reports for the CES Board of Directors and others are required.
- Developing instructional guides or other instructional supports to enhance the uptake and retention of course materials.
See the Expression of Interest for details. Proposals must reach the CES by 5 pm EDT November 15, 2017.