The CES Professional Learning Committee is pleased to open the virtual doors for CES members to access online courses in the CES e-Institute. The CES e-Institute is an online, bilingual, professional development platform designed by and for evaluators – see Fact Sheet on the e-Institute for details. All evaluation courses in this learning catalogue are endorsed by the CES's Board of Directors and align with the organization's professional evaluation standards and competencies. Sincere thanks to course developers, subject-matter experts, online learning pros, and pilot testers for a job well done!
Our courses are designed in response to members' articulated needs and have achieved the standard of quality for which the CES is known. The courses are informed by evidence-based practices in online adult learning and accessibility.
CES Members will receive a 20% discount on all courses, and CE-holders will get a 30% rebate.
As the CES e-Institute is in its initial stage, the course catalogue is modest with the following two independent, self-directed courses available now:
- Evaluation Theories and Models – intermediate (6hrs) A special offer is available to the first ten (10) registrants for new intermediate-level courses to receive an additional 20% rebate to partner with CES in implementation.
- Essential Skills Series online – introductory (20hrs)
Over time the list will grow to expand topics and interactive learning options, including courses in French. Courses aim to satisfy the needs of all types of learners, including those who are:
- advanced or beginning in the field of program evaluation;
- interested in evaluation theory, practice or both;
- seeking professional skills;
- wanting self-directed learning;
- looking for blended cohorts for group-work online or in-person - as scheduled by CES and its Chapters across Canada; and,
- planning to study in English or French.
CES welcomes your ideas on new and existing courses and is committed to continuous improvement. Contact us to discuss partnerships and custom courses.
Please contact the CES e-Institute at https://evaluationcanada.ca/contact-us.