The election for the position of Vice-President of the Canadian Evaluation Society opens today, March 23, and will run for 21 days until April 12. Two candidates have expressed their interest in serving as VP of the CSE for the period July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019.
|Andrealisa Belzer, BSc, MA, CE||Natalie Kishchuk, PhD, CE|
The vote is held electronically. Every member in good standing as of March 22, 2017, will be sent an individual e-mail message inviting them to the vote and including an individual link to their ballot.
Reporting to the President, the National Vice President will administer the Professional Designations Program in addition to taking part in the deliberations of National Board and of the Executive Committee.
The Vice President will be responsible for the following:
- managing and providing guidance to the Application Administrator and the PDP Web- support/developer
- overseeing the development of the program and the evolution of its practices
- attending to any issues related to the Professional Designations Program
- communicating the outcomes of the CE application as outlined in the Credentialing Board Terms of Reference and Guidelines
- keeping the Credentialing Board informed of trends and issues
- moderating the discussions of the Credentialing Board members as issues arise, ensuring that the resolutions of issues are reached and necessary communications take place
- gathering the input of the Credentialing Board on the operations of the program
- reporting at each National Board meeting on CE operational data
- ensuring adherence to the policies, guidelines and National Board decisions pertaining to the Professional Designations Program and providing advice to the Executive, National Board and the Credentialing Board
- bringing to Executive and National Board any fundamental program changes or modifications to this policy, for consideration
- representing the Credentialing Board on National Board
- reporting on an ad hoc basis on changes and modifications to the implementation and delivery of the PDP
CES members and non-members
- promoting the designation as a means of professionalization of evaluation
Support to the President
- be reliable counsel to President and be available to take on special assignments
- provide advice and assistance to Executive Committee, Chairs of Standing and Special Committees and National Board
- in the absence of the President, assume President's responsibilities, which may include managing all meetings of Board and Executive and of official business at the Annual Meeting and general and special meetings.
- produce Vice President's report for CES Annual Report at AGM each year