We are pleased to announce that the 2015 Canadian Evaluation Society/ Canadian Evaluation Society Educational Fund Student Competitions are underway.
Student Evaluation Case Competition: evaluate this!
We are inviting professors to seize the opportunity to coach a team of students and we are inviting students to get involved by forming teams. This is a great way for students to learn about and build their skills in evaluation, to network and make contacts, and to represent their college or university.
Briefly, the schedule for each of the main activities of the competition is as follows:
- November 17, 2014: Start of the team registration
- January 31, 2015: End of the team registration
- February 7, 2015: Preliminary round: the team has five hours to do a case study and produce a written report (all online)
- April 6, 2015: Announcement of the three finalists teams
- May 25, 2015: Final round at the Canadian Evaluation Society's Annual Conference in Montreal: five hours to do a case study and prepare an oral presentation.
The Student Excellence advancing Evaluation Knowledge (SEEK) Award advances excellence in student evaluation projects. Canadian post-secondary students are nominated by their professors and submit an evaluation project or paper for consideration. The Winner and Honourable Mention will attend the CES Conference and the Winner will also be invited to present their paper at the Conference. Both papers are given automatic consideration for publication in the Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation (CJPE), conditional on meeting CJPE standards and securing approval by CJPE editors.
Further details are available online.
Please also pass this invitation on to your colleagues.
2015 CES-CESEF Case Competition Organizing Team