Individual members or Chapters of the Canadian Evaluation Society are invited to nominate candidates for the Contribution to Evaluation in Canada award. Current members of the CES Board of Directors are not eligible to nominate candidates or sign letters of support as Chapter members.
The Contribution to Evaluation in Canada award is granted to an individual(s) who has made a significant contribution to the theory and/or practice of evaluation in Canada. The award for the Contribution to Evaluation in Canada is open to CES members and non-members.
The nomination is to include examples of demonstrated experience or activity with the time frame and significance of this activity, and represent a cumulative effort over an extended period of time. Examples of areas of contribution include:
- Conducted research which advanced evaluation theory and/or practice in Canada;
- Published book(s) and/or article(s) which made a significant contribution to the field;
- Undertook project(s) or studies which advanced the theory and/or practice of evaluation in a meaningful way;
- Taught, mentored and/or trained evaluators in academic or cooperative education programs, and/or practicum settings;
- Carried out advocacy activities, raising the awareness of publics in Canada regarding the need for/benefits of evaluation;
- Carried out work related to the above-noted areas outside of Canada, which generated direct and significant benefits to evaluation in Canada; and
- Any other endeavour by an individual that serves to advance the cause of theory and/or practice of evaluation in Canada in a significant manner.
Current members of the CES Board of Directors are not eligible to receive the award.
Content of nominations: In order to be considered by the Board of Directors, each nomination must be supported by a minimum of three letters of support. Collectively, these letters should address the criteria for the award by including examples of activities with the time frame and the significance of the activity.
Timelines for nominations: Names should be submitted by February 3, 2017 to the Chair of the Governance and Process Committee at [email protected].