In a guest blog posting on Better Evaluation, Tiina Pasanen of the Overseas Development Institute discussed “How can we assess the value of working in partnerships?” based on her reflections after attending the 2016 'M&E on the Cutting Edge' Conference Partnering for Success.
The six points she reflects on are:
- Be clear about the purpose of the partnership
- Don’t assume ‘nice’ partnerships mean better partnerships
- What are we measuring?
- Triangulate perception data with more objective indicators
- Linking partnerships to project outcomes
- How can we assess this in a more rigorous way?
She also provides a list of resources about working in partnerships in international development.