The Canadian Evaluation Society is searching for a new vice-president who will hold office for the period July 1, 2021 to July 1, 2023. In the event that more than one valid nomination is received, an election will be held where all CES members in good standing will be invited to participate. If only one nomination is received, it will be reviewed for approval by members of the CES Board of Directors.
Candidates are required to provide an electronic statement of why s/he should serve in the position and what relevant skills and abilities (including language) they possess. Candidates will also be required to provide electronic copies of their curriculum vitae and a photo.
The role and duties of the Vice-President are outlined in the Terms of Reference #7 Role of Vice-President shown below.
To be officially nominated, all candidates must send their background information to the CES Secretariat and the Chair of the Governance Process Committee no later than midnight EST March 1, 2021. Nominations can be sent to [email protected] and [email protected].
Canadian Evaluation Society
Role of Vice-President
Terms of Reference: TOR – 7
The National Vice President of the Canadian Evaluation Society is elected by members of the Society.
Reporting to the President, the National Vice President will administer the Professional Designations Program in addition to taking part in the deliberations of National Board and of the Executive Committee.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
a) PDP Operation
- managing and providing guidance to the Application Administrator and the PDP Web‐support/ developer
- overseeing the development of the program and the evolution of its practices
- attending to any issues related to the Professional Designations Program
- communicating the outcomes of the CE application as outlined in the Credentialing Board Terms of Reference and Guidelines
b) Credentialing Board
- keeping the Credentialing Board informed of trends and issues
- moderating the discussions of the Credentialing Board members as issues arise, ensuring that the resolutions of issues are reached and necessary communications take place
- gathering the input of the Credentialing Board on the operations of the program
c) National Board
- reporting at each National Board meeting on CE operational data
- ensuring adherence to the policies, guidelines and National Board decisions pertaining to the Professional Designations Program and providing advice to the Executive, National Board and the Credentialing Board
- bringing to Executive and National Board any fundamental program changes or modifications to this policy, for consideration
- representing the Credentialing Board on National Board
d) CES membership
- reporting on an ad hoc basis on changes and modifications to the implementation and delivery of the PDP
e) CES members and non‐members
- promoting the designation as a means of professionalization of evaluation
f) Support to the President
- Be reliable counsel to President and be available to take on special assignments.
- Provide advice and assistance to Executive Committee, Chairs of Standing and Special Committees and National Board.
- In the absence of the President, assume President’s responsibilities, which may include managing all meetings of Board and Executive and of official business at the Annual Meeting and general and special meetings.
- Produce Vice President’s report for CES Annual Report at AGM each year.