This year, the American Evaluation Associatio conference was a virtual one, with online sessions replacing the event originally scheduled for October in Portland.
With the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, the AEA had to pivot sharply and plan a virtual conference. Learning quickly about holding an online event, organizers took advantage of opportunities for innovation.
A team of tech-savvy C2021 leaders participated in AEA 2020 and reviewed what worked and what features can be incorporated into the conference to create value in the online experience. Here are some of their thoughts about effective conference features:
Participant and presenter interactions
- Seeing everyone in a session, with photos and profiles of participants.
- Enabling participants to interact live during sessions.
- Allowing participants to connect individually.
- Having questions for immediate feedback to presenters and participants.
- Daily messages on what’s coming up, session reminders, and highlights.
- Posting sessions and presentation documents online ASAP.
- A host to help participants navigate through concurrent sessions.
- A platform that supports multiple windows.
Inspired and informed by this successful AEA experience, CES leaders are committed to making C2021 the best virtual evaluation conference! Read our blog for more details.