Winner, Service to the Society Award, 1997
Dr. Shelley Borys is Vice President, Methods at Ekos Research Associates, Ottawa, Ontario. Shelley has made a substantial contribution to the Canadian Evaluation Society at the national level and locally with the National Capital Chapter over the last two decades.
At the local level, Shelley served as Chapter President, local Chapter National Council representative, and chair for the Chapter's workshop planning committee. At the national level, Shelley played a key role as a developer and facilitator for the following CES initiatives:
- development of Member Services Committee;
- development of Ethical Guidelines;
- development and review of the CES Essential Skills Series;
- organization of national conferences (including the 1997 Ottawa conference);
- development of Guidelines for Student Essay Competition.
Additionally, Shelley is a prominent evaluation educator in Canada. She is a frequent leader of professional development activities and a frequent contributor of workshops at national conferences.
Shelley has strengthened the profile of CES and increased participation of members in the life of CES. Through her commitment, dedication, enthusiasm, creativity and good sense of humour, she has made a significant and sustained contribution to the Society.