The Canadian Evaluation Society is searching for a new Vice-President who will hold office for the period July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019. In the event, that more than one valid nomination is received, an election will be held. Statements from candidates will be posted for all CES members in good standing to review for a period of 4 weeks following the nomination period. An electronic vote will be provided and will be open for a period of 21 calendar days. If only one nomination is received, it will be reviewed for approval by members of the CES Board of Directors.
A candidate for the position of Vice-President is required to provide in electronic format a personal statement outlining why they are interested in standing for office and what relevant skills and abilities (including language) they possess. Candidates will also be required to provide electronic copies of their resume and a photo.
The role and duties of the Vice-President are outlined in the Terms of Reference #7 Role of Vice-President shown below.
To be officially nominated, all candidates must send their background information to the CES National Office no later than midnight EST March 1, 2017. For any questions or to submit a nomination, please contact [email protected].
Canadian Evaluation Society, Role of Vice-President, Terms of Reference: TOR - 7
Reporting to the President, the National Vice President will administer the Professional Designations Program in addition to taking part in the deliberations of Board of Directors and of the Executive Committee.
The Vice President will be responsible for the following:
- managing and providing guidance to the Application Administrator and the PDP Web- support/developer
- overseeing the development of the program and the evolution of its practices
- attending to any issues related to the Professional Designations Program
- communicating the outcomes of the CE application as outlined in the Credentialing Board Terms of Reference and Guidelines
- keeping the Credentialing Board informed of trends and issues
- moderating the discussions of the Credentialing Board members as issues arise, ensuring that the resolutions of issues are reached and necessary communications take place
- gathering the input of the Credentialing Board on the operations of the program
Board of Directors
- reporting at each Board of Directors meeting on CE operational data
- ensuring adherence to the policies, guidelines and Board of Directors decisions pertaining to the Professional Designations Program and providing advice to the Executive, Board of Directors and the Credentialing Board
- bringing to Executive and Board of Directors any fundamental program changes or modifications to this policy, for consideration
- representing the Credentialing Board on Board of Directors
- reporting on an ad hoc basis on changes and modifications to the implementation and delivery of the PDP
CES members and non-members
- promoting the designation as a means of professionalization of evaluation
Support to the President
- Be reliable counsel to President and be available to take on special assignments
- Provide advice and assistance to Executive Committee, Chairs of Standing and Special Committees and Board of Directors
- In the absence of the President, assume President’s responsibilities, which may include managing all meetings of Board and Executive and of official business at the Annual Meeting and general and special meetings.
- Produce Vice President’s report for CES Annual Report at AGM each year